Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today, color me a soft, sea-foam green.

Some mornings I feel melancholy; not sad melancholy so I guess this isn't the appropriate word to use.  At peace?  At peace with my husband, my friends, my pets, my bowl of coffee.  Content?  But that's not it either.  I don't know.  I'm happy, I'm sad, I'm worried, oh fuck it!  I apologize for my vernacular but some days my moods can't be described in words.  Perhaps a color?  Ok.  How about a soft, sea-foam green?  Yes!  This color paints my mood perfectly.  If you don't understand, I'm sorry.  This seems to be the best I can do today. 

I listened to a song a few moments ago which my husband, Eric, plays often for me; however, he's not a country music fan so it makes this song more profound.  Our 17th Anniversary was on Sunday and my heart still flutters when I look into his eyes.  I'm blessed that he loves me as much as he does.  I often wonder how a person can understand me so well.



I listened to the song again and found what I was looking for.  I quote, "You're the words when I have nothing to say."

Thank you, Eric and to all of you - my friends, my pets, and yes, even my bowl of coffee...for giving me my inspiration.  I love you.