Friday, July 20, 2012

Someone, please find me. Fast.

I need an editor, manager, and publisher; anyone willing to take me on?

My professional life is at a stand still.  I seriously don't know what I want to do when I grow up.  Isn't this a silly thing?  I know I love to write.  I believe that I'm somewhat ok at it but I hesitate that I'm good enough for the professional world to say, "Hello Mrs. Potts.  I'd like to offer you a weekly section in our online such and such...".  Wouldn't that be lovely?  I think I'm funny but only for folks in and around my age group.  Forget about those homeless stand-ups kids I was performing in front of a few weeks ago.  Those babies are barely old enough to drink let alone understand my comments about hot flashes.

So here I am, in a year or so my oldest so will be moving out.  When this happens, a portion of the adoption assistance Eric and I've been receiving will stop and lower our monthly income by a third.  I'll need to find employment again.  Without a college degree and having been out of the corporate world for some time, my skill sets are at an all time low.  Back to being a file clerk again?  Waitressing?  No.  Absolutely not.

Where do I go from here?  Six degrees of separation.  I haven't been sitting on my laurels.  I know that every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.  I've been patient.  I've been looking, working, and putting myself out there.

Someone, please find me.  Fast.