Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday is now officially called: Breezy Rant Day

Today is Wednesday so I have officially deemed this day every week, "Breezy Rant Day".  This way I can get all the crappy, non-digestible stuff out of my system and you, my "glass-half-full" friends and blog readers, will know which specific day to avoid my posts.  There you have it.  I'll bottle it up; my whining, bitching, moaning and complaining just for Hump Day, which seems - somehow - so apropos.

I'm aware that some people like this sort of stuff.  I'm familiar with your type.  You're the folks who prefer attending stranger's funerals over family birthday parties, gloomy, overcast days versus beautiful, warm ones, AND secretly love to undermine holiday get-togethers for the sheer entertainment value.  I get it.  I do.  To each his own.  That's cool.  It's actually comforting to know my misery will have some sort of company this morning.  So with this said, let my hostility begin ...

First thought..

Facebook.  It is an amazing form of communication.  I personally have reconnected with old friends from elementary and high school whom I assumed I'd lost forever.  I'm able to stay in contact with my family in California and have online chats with my best friend across town.  Wow!  It's amazing how far technology has brought us in such a short time.

However, this is why I'm riled..when I send out a friend request, I don't do it haphazardly.  I don't invite someone into my world to acquire numbers under my name.  I do it because I have a genuine respect for a person or I've known and liked them very much in the past and would like to re-establish that friendship.  If someone sends me a request and I accept it, it's because they know someone I love or admire and I'm intrigued by their personality. I'd honestly like to get to know them better.  My expectation is that Facebook "friends" communicate on some level with me.  I'm here..HELLO??  I exist.  Don't place me in some sort of "virtual" acquaintance box.  If that's the case, please "unfriend" me.  It's much more polite.  Whew!  I'm feeling better already!

Next...

I'm a "fluffy" girl.  I've always been, always will be.  My best friend and I were chatting about this the other day and I believe it's an issue which fluffy girls must share with other fluffies.  ENOUGH WITH THE SKIN TIGHT SHIRTS, LADIES!  Wow!  These complaints are oozing out of me.  My pores actually feel clearer!  To clarify.. Girls, you're beautiful.  I'm not saying you aren't - not at all!  HOWEVER, you would look lovelier, if your shirts fit appropriately.  Don't wear clothes which allow your bellies to hang out, cling to your rolls, or show how tight your bra is.  Also, while we're on the topic of bras (I'll try to be gentle because this has always been a tough topic for me) make sure they fit right.  I know, I know ladies.  This is painful but it must be brought to light.  Let's work on this issue POST HASTE!

Finally...

Why is Nair Shaving Cream still being sold to unsuspecting fools?  Just askin'...

Until next week my dark, gloomy ones...until next week.