Saturday, June 2, 2012

Last night I howled at the moon...

Can Breezy be a little naughty? 

We all have it in us to misbehave.  We all, every single one of us, at one point in our lives just want to let our hair down and howl at the moon.  So why don't we?  My friends and blog readers, I'm throwing this rhetorical question out to you...

What holds you back? 

Everyone has their own reasons for not going a little crazy, for not living on the edge.  And I suppose everyone has their own definition of what living on the edge means.  For some it could be as mind boggling as switching out their favorite Sunday night meal of Roast Beef and Potatoes for Chicken and Rice.  For others, it could mean catapulting off cliffs into the ocean hundreds of feet below.  And finally, some people might believe it's all about experimenting with drugs and dangerous lifestyles.

Now I'm back at my original question; yes, I can be a little naughty.  I don't hold back and I'm at a point in my life where I'll howl at the moon and am not concerned with what others may think about it.

The reason behind my craziness is because I've always known that life is fleeting.  And no, it has nothing to do with my recent down-the-middle-of-the-cake-birthday-celebration of 45 years of age.  This is not a mid-life crisis I'm having.  Certainly being in my forties helps with self-confidence.  I can say and do things now that I would never have dreamed of doing in my twenties.  However, I've always been aware of just how quickly time passes and because of this, I refuse to sit on the bench and watch it slip away.  I want to laugh, dance, and celebrate my short existence.  I want to lift my arms to the sky and breathe in the fresh air.  When there's a thunder storm, I want to be part of the power - I want to feel the electricity tingling through my skin.
So how do I do this other than carrying a lightning rod into the middle of a storm cell?  There are lots of ways but last night I went to an Adults Only Club with my husband and his friend.  I danced risque with the topless ladies and felt my life source coarsing through my body.  I had a great time as I watched my husband's eyes light up with admiration for me.  What a pleasure I had giving him that time.

How do you live on the edge?  What helps you remember that life is fleeting?  If you don't or haven't started considering it, perhaps you should start now.  I tried Sushi yesterday and y'all know how I feel about seafood...  THAT WAS HUGE!

(By the way, I almost gagged...and I still hate fish.)