Monday, June 11, 2012

It's time to reconsider my strategy...

Board Game, RISK
As I often do while playing the game of RISK, it's time to rub my hag hairs, squint my eyes in a calculating manner, and say, "I must take some time and consider my strategy..."

This, I'm sure, paints a romantic yet sexy picture of myself for you.

Yes, this is what I do when playing the board game and when reevaluating tactics on how to approach a possible life changing career path.  I realize this is all extremely vague to you, my dear friends and blog readers, but if it's at all helpful, I'm rambling as usual.

Robin Williams, Comedian
Basically, last night, during one of my stand-ups, it was embarrassingly brought to my attention that I'm a wee bit crazy as in, "Robin-Williams-I'm-going-to-have-a-stroke", crazy.  Now granted, it was my third performance - my second scripted.  Most of the amateurs go up to the microphone with notes.  Notes??  No, not me.  I'm random.  I go up and what comes out of my mouth, God be blessed, just happens.  For five minutes I work off of adrenaline and memory.  So yes, I'm a bit hyped.

After the MC, made the comment and the audience laughed at my expense, my first reaction was looking for a first dark hole I could hide in but that's when I started rubbing those proverbial, but oh so real, spiky grey chin hairs and thought...hey, I am a spaz, I am going to have a stroke.  My schtick is my zaniness, I am a DRAMA QUEEN!

It's time to go back to the board game and consider how to take on Asia without weakening my borders to Europe and Australia while at the same time maintaining my armies in Alaska.  I can do this.  Haha!!!  I've won RISK before.  I can do it again!!