Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sweet Dreams

Oh, how I love a good dream; the ones I wake up from feeling all warm and cozy and squirmy and, well...you get the picture.  I'd go into explicit detail about last night's visual; however, this blog is read by younger audiences from time to time so I  must keep it as least a PG-13.

It's amazing how faces of people are conjured up in sleep whom I haven't seen seen childhood.  Last night I had a full on um, conversation (cough cough), with the adult person of a boy I went to grammar school with.  I can say with all certainty that his face aged correctly.  Based on pictures I've seen of him on Facebook, everything seemed normal enough.  It was lovely.  I told my husband, Eric about it and surprisingly he was a bit jealous.  I'm thinking this is a good thing.  I'll have to tell him about the one I had with three firemen last week.  That was a doozy.  Nothing like keeping the house fires burning so to speak.

I feel sad when people tell me they don't remember their dreams.  How is this possible?  Mine are so vivid (obviously).  Since my father passed away in 2002, I see him almost every night.  (Fortunately he doesn't walk into my naughty dreams, shake his finger, and tell me to behave.  God bless him for that!)  He's always somewhere either in the background playing cards, sitting in his recliner, or having dinner with us.  I know it's his way of telling me he's near.  Of course, there are the strange dreams I lie awake afterwards and try to interpret.  Some are easy.  Some, I'm wondering if my Native American ancestors smoked way too much Peyote and it's still floatin' around in my bio-chemistry.  And then there are the ones I want to crawl back into.  They're gifts from whom I consider to be God; glimpses of what I believe to be Heaven.  I haven't had too many of these, perhaps two or three in my lifetime; crystal clear images of what "it" will be like.  Every sense in my body is awake and alert, and I know - strangely enough - not to call them dreams.  Glimpses of Eden which seem like an eternity but instead are merely seconds..amazing.

How did this happen?  How did I go from blogging about my naughty, squirmy dream to visions of Heaven?  Oh, my goodness...all in a morning's rambling, my friends.  All in a morning's rambling.
  

No comments: