Friday, January 20, 2012

Uh oh, trouble in paradise...again.

I'm exhausted.  It's 9:15am MST and I'm ready to head back to bed and call it a day.  The funny thing is, all I've done this morning is drink the delicious cup of coffee my husband brought to my bedside, checked e-mail, and gone pee.  That was enough.  I'm done.  Nightie night.  Back to the deep slumber and peaceful repose of my bed.

Wait, it's Friday?  Eric should be at work today.  Uh oh.  He's telecommuting on an off day, Bri wants to stay in bed, this can only mean one thing...trouble in paradise.

Paradise?  What the heck is that?  Certainly not my home life.  Boy, I'm full of sarcasm today.  I must refrain for the sake of my sanity.  I suppose it's better than the alternative and besides, my tear ducts have been emptied, my eye lids are so swollen that I can barely see my keyboard, and my throat is hoarse from the final scream uttered before my sixteen year old hurled the phone at my face last night.  Fortunately for me, I had enough adrenaline coursing through my body to duck at precisely the right moment to avoid a broken nose; however, our wall didn't fair as well. 

Blue and green make brown.  I have a very dear friend who offered me this metaphysical advice last night:  when he's elevated, ground him.  No, sillies..not like take away privileges but get to someplace safe and imagine myself grounding both of us to the earth - kind of like with a lightning rod.  I do believe I'll need a pretty strong grounding wire for this.  Austynn once cut this wire to the house.  He had the tools and a firm conviction to clip what appeared to be a rogue something or other hanging from the cable box.  D'oh!  Perhaps there's some residual bad karma hanging about from this incident?  After all, William does have a titanium rod anchored to his skull for his hearing implant (BAJA).  He was, in front of my very eyes, almost struck by lightning in the library parking lot last summer.  Hmm...a thought to consider...

So before I received this advice and after I removed myself, younger son, and pets from the house for safety purposes, I found myself weeping on a neighbor's front porch pondering my decisions in life; the choices Eric and I had made to bring us to this place.  Nope.  No can do.  No time to feel sorry for myself. One of those decisions was staring at me wide eyed in the back seat of my car asking me if I was ok, visibly concerned, and worried about his adopted mama.

So what, my friends and loyal blog followers ask, did I do?  I stood up, attempted to dry my eyes, dropped Austynn and the dogs off at a safe location, grabbed a bite to eat, and shopped for lingerie with a friend.  Really, what a silly question!  What else would I have done?





No comments: