Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My personal butterfly effect.

The metamorphosis of Bri. I was thinking about the changes I've been through over the last 44 years. So dramatic. Obviously, we all change to some extent. It would be boring if we didn't. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to make myself over. I like who I've become. In ten years I'm sure I'll be someone new. That's ok. I'm always looking for ways to improve or grow and along with this, of course, comes change.

Unfortunately, there are people I've known who've remained unchanged; who've kept their same hair style, attitude, and/or haven't made an attempt to expand their education or question their fundamental beliefs. They live in a box, held hostage by their own self-imposed ignorance. These folks are incapable of having an open-minded conversation. They locked themselves up years ago and threw away the key. It's difficult not to make a feeble attempt to pry open a window and let some fresh air in. Try as I might, it's a lost cause. The window is jammed with years of amplified white noise. All I can do is look in, wave, and continue to love them. They just shake their heads and think I've gone off the deep end. I did, hospitalized, 2010. Didn't they hear about that? No. Too much white noise, I guess.

So, here I am today, Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - a brash, almost 45 year old, say-it-like-is, in your face, home-making, bi-polar, blog writing, red-headed, greying at the roots, secretly introverted, adopted mother of two - a walking contradiction on all fronts...enjoying the confusion I bring to everyone around me. Lord, You humble me. To everyone else, welcome to my world and thanks for keeping up with my hair color.

Me, the first 44 years:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubBRJRGXwFI





No comments: