Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Anticipation...Tough Stuff!

Anticipation...it's making me wait..it's keeping me waaaaiting. 

Remember that song?  And if that song didn't drive us loony enough, some clever marketing guru attached it to a Heinz Ketchup commercial in the 1970's as we watched in silent awe as the condiment took it's sweet time to ooze onto a hot, homemade cheeseburger.

Yes, even as I type this - my 30 gram protein shake just ain't doing me justice.  My stomach is a rumbling for something a little more substantive.  Ohhh...BBQ's and summer time.  That marketing fellow was a genius.

We all wait for something fantastic in our lives.  When we were young, it was our birthday party and all the festivities that went along with it; the cake, the ice cream, the presents, etc.  When we were a little older, perhaps an adolescent girl, we dreamt of our first kiss - our first romance.  It had to be spectacular.  How disappointed I was.  What a build up!  I don't know about you, but my first kiss was from a complete stranger while I was cruising down Whittier Blvd. in East Los Angeles - yuck.  A full on tongue shoved down my throat which almost swallowed my own.  All I kept thinking was, "Eeks, is he looking for leftovers?  I ate an hour ago.  Disgusting!"  And then there was the momentous, "First time".  Good grief!  This is at least a three blog litany of ridiculousness.  Let's just say, that handbook for young girls to determine straight versus gay men?  I really could have used it for my virginal experience.  Oh, and by the way, for future reference, hotel disposable shower caps do not qualify as condoms.  Ouch.  
Disney World Trip 2005

We're always waiting for something around the corner...for the next exciting moment.  We buy lottery tickets in the hope that we'll win the big pay off.  We put money aside for amazing family vacations (No more Disney World for this family, thank goodness.  I'm all moused out.).  We look forward to our retirement, to the day when we can finally kick up our feet and give "the bird" to the working world.  Even small things for instance, the poker game next weekend, a friend coming over for a lovely morning visit, or the cookies ready to come out of the oven...it makes life interesting, doesn't it?

Hmm, after all this planning and waiting, I'm hungry.  I think I'll make myself a cheeseburger for lunch.  Where's the ketchup?


No comments: