Saturday, September 17, 2011

Like a good neighbor...

It's important to have good neighbors isn't it?  During the winter months when our electricity goes out, we know we can count on each other for help if necessary.  When we need an egg or an extra cup of sugar, we can send our kiddos next door instead of driving to the store in our slippers when the cake is in a half mixed state.  We gather around the fire pit on chilly Autumn evenings with a glass of wine, laugh, and relax together.  And finally, on those sweltering summer nights when our bedroom windows are left open, when Mr. and Mrs. Potts forget that all of God and creation can hear our moaning and groaning (oh, good grief!), it's so nice to know that they politely ignore mentioning this the next morning over the fence line.

At this juncture, let me just add that we heard another couple once or twice screaming with ecstasy.  We thought this was awesome.  But since they moved away a few years ago, all is quiet on the western front.  This is due in part that we live in a very discreet neighborhood.  Eric and I now tend to be the rather shocking couple.  In fact, I have a neighbor who introduces me at parties as her "liberal friend from California".  However, let me add that I have never intended my love life to be broadcast over the Homestead Hills (no soliciting) Community of Thornton.  Now that we've solicited how often we make love, I believe we've certainly earned my girlfriend's title.

Oh well, make love not gossip - that will have to be my new motto going forward.  And, like a good neighbor...we'll try to remember to close our bedroom windows next time.   


No comments: