Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Today I can only use G-words to describe how I'm feeling.

Giddy.  Gleeful.  Goofy.  These words don't seem like proper adjectives to describe me.  Ok, I will submit to goofy.  I have often heard that word tossed in my general direction and have felt it myself while spitting straw papers at Eric from behind restaurant menus.

Here I am, just a few days away from the beginning of another school year, and these G-words are simply how I'm feeling at the idea of having the house to myself again.

I am such a confused individual because I do remember just a few short months ago hating the chores of homework and the mandatory lunch making.  I can't seem to figure out what terrifies me more; the school struggles with the teachers, classmates, and lying over assignments or the constant chatter of television and my boys "one up'ing" each other about their lack of knowledge over rocket engines.   

On Monday, August 22nd at precisely 8:46am MST, I will kick off my shoes.  I will not answer the phone.  I will turn on my stereo and be giddy, gleeful, and goofy.  For just a few minutes of my day I will try not to worry about the teachers, classmates, and lying over assignments.  I will remember that I have the house all to myself.  I will not have to listen to the wretched TV or the boys chattering in the background.  All I'll hear is my fluffy, funny body huffin', puffin' and lovin' life to one of my favorite tunes.



 

No comments: