Sunday, August 7, 2011

I've Lost Faith

Not too any people know this about me but I tend to be somewhat "superstitious".  If I miss a turn, I'm certain it's for a reason.  Karma, or in my case, God - either sent me down a different path to see something or help someone or, on a more ominous note, avoid something on the other road I missed.

I always have my eyes open for an opportunity.  To see what God places in front of me in order to make a difference somehow.  For me, it has always been about faith.  To not question but jump in with both feet and know what it is that I'm supposed to do.

For the past couple of years, the only necklace I've worn has been a silver chain with a pendant which reads, "Faith".  A simple principal which I've always held true not only to my religious beliefs but in mankind as a whole; however, I must confess that as of late this devout Catholic has not been going to church, my faith in government and country is at an all time low, and I don't have much confidence in mankind lately either. 

This morning my necklace broke.  What an omen.  Eric, my husband, said that it was no such thing, but for this superstitious chick, it made total sense.  I can't wear a pendant proclaiming one thing when I don't feel an ounce of it in my heart.  I need to find it again fast.  Life is hard enough without a little faith that things will get better tomorrow.

Time for a favor, my friends...throw some good Karma my way.  Positive thoughts, prayers, and FAITH.  I need some.  My reserves are at an all time low.  Thanks. 



No comments: