Sunday, July 10, 2011

Simply Perfect

I love making breakfast on Sunday mornings.  It's the only day of the week when I feel compelled to stay in my jammies (translation: pajamas) well past 10:00am, read the news on the Internet, and make something delicious for my family to enjoy.

If the weather is nice, we'll sit out on our back porch and have a light brunch.  During the colder months, I thrive on baking warm, sweet loaves of breads or muffins.  There is a certain magic to the smell of cinnamon on a cold, wintry day.  Everyone feels a little warmer and safer on these mornings no matter how hard the wind may be blowing outside.


Picture Taken By Eric in Our Backyard
 This morning; however, is hot and humid.  July is Colorado's wet month.  Our "monsoonal" month as the forecasters like to call it.  I love to watch the afternoon thunderstorms build and wait with anticipation for the first charge of electricity to crack across the Denver skyline.  Having not grown up in an area with four seasons or frequent thunderstorms, my new home is a treat and having an amazing northern view towards Wyoming simply adds to my joy.

So right now - at this very moment - I'm sitting in my study, wearing my goofy jammies which my husband and boys gave me for Mother's Day two years ago (pink horizontal stripes with the words, "Kiss Me" across the chest), drinking my bowl of hot happiness (coffee), and waiting for the Peanut Butter Banana Bread to finish baking (it's starting to smell very good, by the way).  In a few minutes, we'll go out to the back yard and let our Sunday afternoon begin.  If it's too hot, Eric and I will go upstairs and giggle for a few hours underneath our blessed central air (TMI?  Oh well, now you know we are firm believers in at least once a week.  I do believe we added this is in the fine print of our marriage contract).  Now if I could just convince the boys to turn down the awful TV in the family room, life - at this precise moment - would be simply perfect...   

No comments: