Monday, June 20, 2011

Yuck. It's Been A Bad Day.

Today is one of those days where everything feels like I'm crawling one inch forward and dancing ten steps back.  At least I look, or hope to appear, somewhat graceful while doing so.  I have not; however, been known to be a very good dancer.  After three weeks, my high school dance instructor kindly suggested I transfer to the elective typing class (Another bad choice - I hated the timer bell.  It made me a nervous wreck.  I about fell out of my chair every time it rang which of course caused me to fail every test I took.  Yep, I'm still a two-finger typist today).  My boys would also agree that I'm not the best of dancers but hey, they have nothing on me.  I've seen what my kiddos are not capable of as far as rhythm and quite frankly it just breaks my heart.

So all my hopes of accomplishing the standard Monday "To-Do" list plus the few extras I strive to squeeze in are sadly falling by the wayside.  I did get out of bed this morning.  Big plus.  My kids had breakfast, granted it was a billion calorie muffin with a glass of milk but I did toss in a banana for good measure.

Every so often, I get an impulse to make lunches the night before.  This must have been some sort of foresight into what today had in store for me.  Thank goodness for women's intuition.

I'm feeling overwhelmed.  How does this happen?  Does one just wake up and think, "Oh, I'm going to be completely out of control today?"  No, I don't think so.  Could it be that I've spent far too much time on hunting and destroying two house flies which have eluded me for most of the morning?  Possibly.  Is it because some unknown stomach ailment has besieged my dogs and has made me acutely aware when they are yakking anywhere other than the tile floor?  Again, another possibility.  And then there's the "day after" fight between myself and William whereas the stress of everything said or not said is like some sort of awful, infected boil ready to burst at the first misunderstood comment. 

Oh Monday, Monday.  Can I just get through it without managing to have a complete nervous breakdown?  I certainly would like that.  How many more hours do I have until I crawl into bed for the night?  Five or six?  Maybe I could crawl away now.  Perhaps no one will notice.  Yuck.  It's been a bad day.



No comments: