Saturday, June 18, 2011

Love Me Or Hate Me, I'm Bri

Sorry about yesterday's posting.  But really, did you miss me? 

It was crazy yesterday from the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep.  Quite frankly, I'm amazed I'm awake and functioning before 10:00am today.  I did; however, think about my blog yesterday and what I would write.  If I had, this is how it would read:

I believe I've mentioned before that I can see statistics and how you, my readers, approve of what I've written. I don't know if the word "approve" if the right term.  Perhaps you're more curious than anything else. The reason I mention this, and honestly take no issue with it, is because when I posted my fat picture several blogs ago, my hits went through the roof.  This had me wondering, why?  Is it because those of you who know me hadn't realized how large I was before?  For others, was it the shock value?  (Damn, she was fat!)  And still others, a twisted sense of satisfaction that yes, I have not succeeded after my weight loss surgery and secretly pulled out your mental calculators to compute how much I weigh now?  I'll save you the trouble, 229 pounds.  Whatever the case may be, I'm fine with it.

I've had quite a few people compliment me on my courage to post that picture and I must admit, it wasn't easy.  If posting my fluffy pictures, sharing insight with a bit of humor, and rambling with little or no humility gets me through some tough spots, terrific.  If this nonsense makes you laugh, helps you figure out why your macaroni salad isn't as good as your older sister's, or brings out the curiosity in you, so be it.

So - here I go, let's get the main stuff out in the open once again for those of you who may have missed it.  We'll call it, "A Mid-Year Breezy Refresher Course".  It's the truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God. 

I am a P.I.T.A.  A pain in the ass.  A certifiable, complete pain in the ass.  If I want something, I tend to whine until I get it.  I believe this makes me a spoiled brat.  I am an not ashamed to admit this.  I'm actually grinning as I type it. 

Prior to Eric, I was married to a very nice pagan guy whom I had nothing in common with.  I'm a devout Catholic and extremely liberal so I'm a walking contradiction on all fronts.  I will stop my car (and have) in the middle of traffic to keep a frog from getting squished.  I will not hesitate to open my home to anyone or anything who needs a place to rest their head.  I love animals, old people, and kids just old enough to have interesting conversations with.  I have a fierce temper and rush to judgment far too quickly.  I cuss like a sailor.  When I laugh, I hold nothing back.  When I drink, I drink hard; however, these times are few and in between regardless of what some people may think.  Most times, you'll find me with a cup of coffee or a bottle of water.  If pot is available, I'll smoke it.  When I love, I love with my whole heart.  I don't hold grudges, I just stay sad.  I'm the mother of two adopted autistic spectrum boys.  I've known Eric since I was sixteen and when I look into his eyes, I see a beautiful calm which keeps me grounded.  I have ugly, dark days.  I'm bi-polar and I've been hospitalized for it.  I've attempted suicide.  I'm still here.  Love me or hate me, I'm Bri.

Welcome to my life.  It's nice to meet you.




2 comments:

Pat said...

We saw you in the supermarket yesterday... That made up for not reading a blog from you, barely. :)

Anonymous said...

I love you for who you are. - Eric