Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Latest Potts' Calamity

I'm sensing some sort of theme this week...calamity. 

Alright, "calamity" might be a bit strong.  I suppose this word should be reserved for the Fukushima nuclear disaster or the earthquake in Haiti.  I'm not sure "calamity" is befitting my kitchen faucet literally disintegrating while the ham and macaroni and cheese are in the oven.  Fortunately for me, I had a late day spurt of energy and had cleaned up while cooking otherwise this morning would have looked a whole lot uglier than it does now. 

Why do things happen like this?  In other words, when you have absolutely no money, why is it that something as important as the kitchen faucet decides to crap out on you?  And why, might I add, does a piece of shit plastic faucet cost over $160?  Eric selected the cheapest one he could find and this is how much it costs?  Give me a break! 

My dear husband...my love for him grew exponentially last night.  He is not, by any means, a handy man.  Once again, due to the nasty issue of money and trying desperately not to have a plumber take what little we have, Eric struggled for hours to get the water lines hooked up.  Needless to say, this morning I still have dirty dishes on my sink and will most likely have to wash them camp style.  Dinner tonight will be sandwiches and fruit until we figure this out or, God forbid, call a plumber and have him charge us $300 to fix a ten minute problem.

By the way, why is it that our sweethearts are at their sexiest when they're lying underneath a sink, sweating up a storm, and cussing like a sailor?  I couldn't keep my hands off my man.  It must have something to do with being in the midst of a calamity.

No comments: