Monday, May 2, 2011

Disney Characters Do Not Like the Smell of Fried Food

The bomb dropped.  The house is an absolute disaster.  I just can't comprehend it.  I spent the majority of my day on Friday happily dancing, singing, and cleaning.  I felt like I was some sort of Disney character on medication (probably, Mrs. Potts.  This is supposed to be funny.  My name is Bri Potts.  Get it?  Beauty and the Beast reference?  No?  Never mind.).  Now, just two weekend days later, I can't see the progress that I made.  In fact, in some respects, it's almost worse. 

I abhor the smell of cooking grease.  Yesterday, my husband fried some food, which tasted absolutely delicious in a high fat content sort of way, but that nasty smell always lingers.  I am not, by any means, complaining that he cooked.  In fact, I purchased this greasy, crappy food which required frying so basically I am to blame.  Eric took care of everything this weekend (except for the general condition of the house) so basically I have nothing to whine about.  He was wonderful.  He rescued me from a Vodka intoxication the likes of which I have not seen for two decades, he took care of the kids, and told me I looked beautiful when I needed to hear it the most.  This is a husband which most women aspire to find their entire lives.  For these reasons alone I am willing to look the other way when he re-loads the dishwasher, arranges my spice cabinet in alphabetical order, or makes that strange jaw popping sound when he eats.  He is altogether adorable.  He's mine, so back off ladies!

So off I go to be the happy, somewhat grumbly homemaker today.  Another Monday.  Another week of dirty bed sheets, piled up dishes in the sink, arguments over incomplete homework, dog poop in the hallway, and doctor's appointments.  Another week of waiting for Eric to walk through the garage door, throw his arms around my waist and make me laugh.  Another week of the family sitting around the dinner table, sharing stories about their day, and having inappropriate table manners.  Another week of whatever it may bring...good or bad, happy or sad, dirty, gross, funny, beautiful, or amazing.  It's a wonderful world - except, of course, when it smells greasy.


3 comments:

Eric said...

It is a Wonderful World to be married to you! A perfect home is just being with you!

Bri Potts said...

Awww, Potsie! I'm blushing, you big goof ball ;)

Brenda said...

Love you guys!!! Great song.