Saturday, April 16, 2011

How Old is Too Old for a Sleep Over?

I don't believe there is a statute of limitations for sleep overs.  In fact, I think I'm due for a good old fashioned one with sleeping bags and munchies but instead of soda pop, I think I'll bring over a bottle of Tequila and a few shot glasses.  Wait...now that I think about about it, a couple of my former slumber parties may have have included alcohol.  Yes.  I think so.  I'll get to that later.

I bring this up because last night there were a couple of them that I know of right here in Thornton, Colorado.  One, here in my home between my son and his best friend, Blake.  Another, several miles away with a young lady turning the magical age of thirteen with six of her best friends sprawled over her living room floor.

Oh my goodness - the madness of having friends spend the night!  I can't imagine that these events have changed much over the years.  Secrets and farts shared.  Horror stories...Bloody Mary in the bathroom mirror.  Light as a feather, stiff as a board.  Sneaking out to toilet paper enemies' homes or stranger's for that matter if we were too young to drive.  Placing hands in bowls of warm water or freezing each other's bras.  Pulling out a Ouija Board and scaring ourselves half to death.

And, as we got older, the parties became more interesting.  On my eighteenth birthday my parents went to a party themselves.  The moment their car pulled out from the driveway, I had several of my best guy friends join us (no clicking tongues or wagging fingers please).  We were good kids.  We did drink though which I suppose was naughty.  Every beer bottle and male visitor was gone before turning back into pumpkins, the clock struck midnight, and well before my parents came home.

So, now that I've gone down memory lane, I do believe it's time once again to pull out the nasty old sleeping bag and call a slumber party together.  So what if "light as a feather stiff as a board" won't work on me anymore (as I've gained a couple of pounds since those days)?  I never did believe in the "Blood Mary" theory but that's ok and if someone freezes my bra they owe me $50.00 bucks (do you have any idea how hard it is to find a bra to fit boobs my size?).  As promised I'll bring a bottle of Tequila and the shot glasses.  Also, I always have bad gas and a lot of secrets.  I know a couple of piss ant kids' homes I'd like to toilet paper and I think I still have my Ouija Board from the good ole' days.  Let's call it...your house or mine? 

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I AM IN! I'll bring the snacks and the movies!

Pat said...

(original comment erased for being risque)
Sounds like a fun time. :)

Bri Potts said...

Too bad, Pat! I would have loved to have seen the original LOL!