Sunday, March 27, 2011

By the Way, Crow Tastes Like Crap

Stop the presses!  I'm eating crow and it takes as bad as the damn bird is annoying. 

Yesterday morning, after I wrote my heart wrenching blog about not being Wonder Woman (which today is doubly true), and how we were teaching our son the value of saving his money and buying his own ereader - Dad (Eric, my husband), went out and bought William his ereader along with that new TV we couldn't afford on credit.  Oh, the value of not having a dollar!  The television I assumed was going to happen eventually but so soon after our talk the night before?!  However, in retrospect, opening day of baseball is desperately upon us and Eric not having his own functioning television is truly beyond comprehension.  I do specifically recall though looking at William before they left and said, "Do not expect Dad to buy you a new ereader."  Hmmm....the deals fathers and sons make behind closed doors of Ford F150 trucks...amazing.  I don't know what their payment agreement is.  In my opinion, after William ate my Dove Ice Cream bar in the freezer, his father should be charging a 21% finance charge and getting it in writing.

Enough of this.  I'm still extremely miffed.  So much for united parental decisions.  Eric is staying clear of me for a few days and I can personally attest that William is afraid to show me his new reader for fear I may like it and keep it for myself for a few months (if you catch my drift).

Since I'm annoyed with Eric, this is the perfect opportunity to discuss daydreams.  The reason I bring this up is because I'm listening to Austynn watch "Dirty Jobs" on the Discovery Channel.  (Yes, it's only 7:00am on Sunday.  Yes, I'm awake.  Yes, Austynn tortures me by getting up this early on Sundays.  No, my daydreams have nothing to do with "Dirty Jobs" per se.  Nasty people!)

I have a terrible crush on Mike Rowe the host of "Dirty Jobs".  He's big, hairy, funny, and intelligent.  Now, don't worry about Eric.  He's both funny and intelligent (not so much big and hairy) and is fully aware of my TV crush.  So when Eric is absorbed into a game of PartyPoker.com or has annoyed me to no end (i.e., the above mentioned ereader purchase or in error commented about a pimple on my face), I roll over and daydream about Mike Rowe until I fall asleep. 

If I could hear my readers through the computer giggling, snorting and gasping, I could also probably hear grunts of agreement - not necessarily over my choice of TV personalities - but because you all have a "fall back" daydream when your significant other ticks you off or, let's face it, let's you down.  Not too long ago, a dear friend (who's name will be withheld to protect the innocent), told me that hers was Anonymous.  Anonymous is good.  Anonymous can be sexy.  And, the nice thing about Anonymous is that he/she is always interchangeable.  If and when I get tired of Mike and want to move on, I'll almost feel guilty about it.  I'll feel as if I owe him some sort of an explanation.  It's always a tough situation to let go of a daydream lover.  I mean, after all, you've been through so much together.  I know from personal experience.  Back in the 80's, it was a very emotional break-up with Luke Skywalker.

You know, it's still really early.  I think I need to go back to bed.  Just listening to Mike's voice makes me want to pay him a visit.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

How funny it is when the males get together and make deals. I think it's in their blood. It comes from a long line of cavemen making deals among the rocks.

As far as the fall back day dream crush thing, well, I have many. I never limit myself to just one crush. :)

Leigh Ann said...

I'm with Brenda...I have my 'list'. Remember the list from 'Friends'? It's changed a bit over the years, but Garth Brooks has been at the top of the list for about 20 years now. Something about a knock-kneed, bow-legged, chubby cowboy w/a killer smile just melts my butter.