Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another Day, A Little Honesty

Ok, so here I am contemplating how this blog will work. Will I write everyday? I guess I'll have to since I mentioned something to that effect in my title. Will I worry about the use of "effect" versus "affect"? Shit! I almost ran to get my dictionary. Fahhhget about it! Will I stay awake nights worrying about the fact that my fan club currently consists of my husband, one of my best friends, and my dear sister-in-law?  No, this is purely therapeutic. If I make someone laugh and they can relate to me along the way, then more power to me and to them! Will I change names to protect the innocent? Oops!  Already used my kids names so I guess I can scrap that concern. Should I worry about my sailor mouth in case I offend someone? Hell no! 

All are welcome to my thoughts. I have no secrets. I used to lock away hurts and sadness which is why I once weighed 347 pounds and had no self-confidence. Not anymore. I am working on who I am, one crazy blog at a time, because I am a lunatic housewife and I do a lot of rambling.

Let's get on with it...

I heard a robin singing this morning. I got so excited that I wanted to throw some raisins into the backyard. Here is where my jaw dropping honesty comes into play...

Last year, when I took my dogs in to have their stomachs pumped because they had consumed a bunch of raisins (which, by the way, are extremely toxic for dogs), I told everyone that my kids had tossed them into the yard for the birds.  IT WAS ME!  I DID IT!!! Not one of my prouder moments but I own it. At the time, I could not admit to doing such a stupid thing and then having to pay over $1800 to fix it. SO I BLAMED IT ON MY KIDS! Bad mama! Go ahead. Post your comments. I'm ready!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hey, at least you were TRYING to do a good thing, feeding the birdies. My biggest lie out of embarrassment was when I.... Lets just say it stemmed from photocopying unclothed body parts. NOT as noble as feeding the birds.

Leigh Annie said...

Oh, my dear friend...your blog has just become a 'favorite' of mine. I am proud of you for doing what I have said I should do for a long time...get it down for the records. I was gonna say get it down on paper, but you know...
Anyway, this will be a good way for you to let out some exasperation and make us giggle at the same time. Keep 'em comin'...it'll only do everyone good. Much love & hugs! Muah!
LA